Team scoring and criteria for Captains’ Cup, Feb. 13-14
by Taylor Miller, USA Wrestling
The Captains’ Cup presented by Titan Mercury Wrestling Club, a women’s freestyle dual event, is set to take place on Feb. 13-14 live on FloWrestling.
The event that will showcase six teams comprised of the USA’s top women’s freestyle athletes competing for $50,000.
Below is the team scoring and points of criteria in the event of a dual tie.
Team Scoring for the Captains’ Cup
VFA: 5-0 - Victory by fall
VIN: 5-0 - Victory by injury
VCA: 5-0 - Victory by 3 cautions
VSU: 4-0 - Victory by technical superiority/opponent did not score a point
VSU1: 4-1 - Victory by technical superiority/opponent scored at least one point
VPO: 3-0 - Victory by points/opponent did not score a point
VPO1: 3-1 - Victory by points/opponent scored at least one point
DSQ: 5-0 - Disqualification/behavior during or before a bout
2DSQ: 0-0 - Double Disqualification/both athletes disqualified due to infractions
Winner of a head-to-head
In case of a tied match (same number of victories, like 3-3) between two teams, the winner will be determined by successively reviewing the following criteria:
- The total of classification points
- The most victories by fall, default, forfeit or disqualification
- The most match victories by technical superiority
- The most technical points obtained during the match
- The fewest technical points given during the match
- The outcome of the last bout competed