Only a few spots remain for high school boys at the USA Wrestling Brian Keck Preseason Nationals/National Recruiting Showcase
by Gary Abbott, USA Wrestling
High School boys looking for a great competition prior to the scholastic season still have an opportunity to register for one of the three divisions available at the 2023 USA Wrestling Brian Keck Memorial Preseason Nationals, and the Boys National High School Recruiting Showcase, set for Des Moines, Iowa next weekend.
The three divisions which are not yet sold out are:
- Brian Keck Memorial Preseason Nationals Boys Grades 9-10
- Brian Keck Memorial Preseason Nationals Boys Grades 11-12
- Boys National High School Recruiting Showcase
The competition will be held at the Iowa Events Center (Hyvee Hall) in Des Moines, October 27-29. Register TODAY to reserve your spot in this outstanding folkstyle tournament.
The Boys National High School Showcase is an elite competition in which only high school athletes who have high-level achievements can enter.
Athletes MUST meet the at least one of the pre-qualifications listed below in order to enter the 2023 Boys National High School Recruiting Showcase:
- High School State Champions – Any year
- 2023 High School State Placers (22-23 school year)
- National Prep Champions
- USA Wrestling National All-American status Place 1st-8th: (Preseason Nationals, Boys and Girls National High School Recruiting Showcase, Women’s Freestyle Nationals, Girls and Boys Folkstyle Nationals, and 16U/ Junior Nationals)
- 2022/2023 U15 and U17 National Placer (Must be currently enrolled in High School)
- NHSCA Virginia Beach Placer (9th –12th grade Divisions ONLY)
High School age athletes who do not meet the pre-qualifications below should enter in the 9th-10th Grade, 11th-12th Grade divisions. This tournament is traditionally a very competitive event with talented athletes from all across the nation.
Please note that all of the girls divisions, and all of the other boys youth divisions of the USA Wrestling Brian Keck Preseason Nationals are SOLD OUT.