USA Wrestling job opportunity: Digital Video Coordinator
by USA Wrestling
USA Wrestling is seeking a Digital Video Coordinator to join its Communications Department. This is a full-time position which reports to the Director of Communications and Special Projects. This individual will be responsible for working on a variety of digital media projects which impact the organization's communications activities.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce creative and engaging short-form and long-form video content for use on USA Wrestling digital platforms. This includes ideation, shooting, editing, and analytical performance review of video content.
• Conduct athlete, coach and personnel on-camera interviews for use in feature content and across USA Wrestling digital platforms.
• Shoot and edit real-time event action at assigned USA Wrestling regional and national events. Relevant assignments may include match action highlights, champion interviews, promotional video shoots with finalists, behind-the-scenes featurettes and daily vlogs.
• Create video packages for USA Wrestling community and sponsored events.
• Manage the logging and organization of all video footage collected at USA Wrestling events. This includes footage captured by USA Wrestling staff members as well as its broadcast partner.
• Oversee the continued growth of USA Wrestling’s YouTube channel. This includes the posting and organization of all videos on the platform, managing an internal content calendar, creating eye-catching thumbnails for each video, writing effective, SEO-friendly copy for each video, inserting relevant cards and end screens to each video, and abiding by current platform trends and best practices.
• Assist the operation of USA Wrestling social media platforms, specifically the regular creation and posting of video content to each platform as appropriate. Short-form video such as Facebook and Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts will be an immediate focal point. This position will help shape USA Wrestling’s long-form video strategy and expansion of social media footprint to video-first platforms such as TikTok.
• Assist in the development and deployment of USA Wrestling’s social media monetization strategy, with a particular emphasis on YouTube and Meta platforms.
• Provide support for USA Wrestling’s digital marketing campaigns through the creation of video assets. Relevant assignments may include promotional hype videos for upcoming events, motion graphics for use in-venue at an event, advertising videos to promote USA Wrestling membership or event ticket sales, and short video variations for use in paid marketing campaigns.
• Assist in the creation of strategic content and marketing plans around tentpole events, athlete promotion, highlight moments and brand priorities as defined by the Communications department leadership team and the Executive Director. This includes communicating fun, fresh ideas and collaborating with the team to bring ideas to life.
• Coordinate with media partners, affiliated clubs, state associations, corporate sponsors, athletes, coaches, and community influencers on video-related projects and grow USA Wrestling’s digital footprint through these partnerships.
• Consistently track key performance metrics and emerging trends of all video projects and report to internal stakeholders.
• Continued development of professional skillset and explore new creative techniques to elevate the USA Wrestling brand through video.
Secondary responsibilities may include:
• Assist with media relations, public relations and event media operations for all levels of USA Wrestling events and activities.
• Create written, digital and multi-media content for USA Wrestling’s communications platforms, including its website, TheMat.com, social platforms and any printed publications developed by the organization.
• Handle other duties as determined by the Director of Communications or the Executive Director
The ideal candidate will have:
• A four-year college degree in a relevant field (Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Digital Media, etc.)
• A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience with a focus on video production and creating various types of digital content for use across website and social media platforms.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop, video formats, codecs, transcoding and post-production processes.
• Advanced knowledge in operating pro-style digital video equipment (cameras, microphones, lighting, etc.), being comfortable and confident conducting video shoots across a variety of environments and diverse individuals throughout the wrestling community.
• A deep understanding of current social media video trends, what types of video content is relevant to each platform, and the different audiences USA Wrestling reaches by channel.
• Enjoys coming up with creative ideas and translating them to a visual presentation that will engage and entertain.
• A resourceful mentality to think outside of the box and problem solve in a variety of professional situations.
• Must be willing to travel to domestic and international events, and work non-traditional hours, including events held on nights, weekends and holidays.
• A strong ability to work under deadline, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and possess the ability to work both independently and within a group setting.
• Ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of national staff members, athletes, coaches and volunteers within the organization.
• $50,000-$55,000 per year depending on experience.
• Paid vacation, personal and sick time
• Approximately 10 paid holidays per year
• 403 (b) retiremet plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Employer paid life insurance
• Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
• The ability to work from USA Wrestling’s national office in Colorado Springs, CO is required.
• This individual will coordinate closely with staff across all departments at USA Wrestling. The position also includes work with volunteers throughout the organization.
• USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant should send resume, list of three or more references, plus video and graphic samples to Gary Abbott, Director of Communications and Special Projects, USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.