USA Wrestling job opportunity: Events Operations Assistant
by USA Wrestling
Reporting to the Director of Events, this position is responsible for with supporting all aspects of department operations to include but not limited to websites, registration, event logistics and execution. The Operations Assistant will be expected to collaborate with all staff departments, elite athletes, sponsors, and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage inventories and coordinate all areas of shipping equipment and other supplies, including contract negotiation.
• Coordinate set-up of USA Wrestling events, including venue layout, sponsorship fulfillment, and general venue appearance including but not limited to putting up signage and banners.
• Responsible for managing/training various levels of volunteers.
• Responsible for networking computers, printers, score-clocks, and servers at USA Wrestling Events.
• Responsible for all transportation and lodging logistics.
• Responsible for driving trailer containing USA Wrestling events supplies to and from select national events.
• Able to lift and carry heavy objects over 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time during events.
• Loading and unloading materials and equipment.
• Perform such duties as assigned by the Director of National Events.
• Bachelor’s degree, Business or Sport Administration or related degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Minimum two years of related experience.
• Creative, energetic self-starter with good interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience working with database systems is a plus.
• Must be able to successfully pass a USA Wrestling background screening and completion of SafeSport training (prior to hire date).
Travel at least 15 times per year (including weekend travel)
Hiring Pay Range:
$55,000 - $60,000 per year depending on experience.
• Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
• Over 10 paid holidays per year
• 403 (b) retirement plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Employer paid life insurance
The USA Wrestling Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO - ability to work from the office is required.
USA Wrestling is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position initially reports to the Director of National Events.
Application Process: Interested candidates shall send a cover letter and resume to Megan Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until November 21, 2023.