Job Opportunity - USA Wrestling Greco-Roman Resident Coach
by USA Wrestling
Position: USA Wrestling Greco-Roman Resident Coach
Reports to: USA Wrestling National Director, Greco-Roman Programs
Position Summary: USA Wrestling is seeking a highly motivated coach with experience in training and developing elite Greco-Roman wrestlers. The Greco-Roman Resident Coach is responsible for the recruitment, development, and training of our resident athletes in Colorado Springs as well as assisting National Team staff as needed.
• Direct and manage the OPTC Resident Program
o Recruit and develop athletes & prepare them to excel at international competitions.
o Develop and implement yearly competition and training schedules
• Work with National Director, Greco-Roman Programs and the National Development coach in developing and coordinating local, regional, national, and international training opportunities for U15, U17 and U20 athletes
• Work with the National Director, Greco-Roman Programs on learning and applying the Greco Roman curriculum as provided
• Work with USA Wrestling staff, coaches, athletes, and volunteer coaches to advance Greco-Roman development and national teams programs
• Maintain consistent communication with all Greco-Roman stakeholders, including athletes, coaches, volunteers, and officials
• Identify potential opportunities for external funding and assist in other fundraising opportunities as directed by the National Director, Greco-Roman Programs
• Work with the Greco-Roman National Team Coaches and National Coaches Education Program Manager to improve the Greco-Roman portion of USA Wrestling’s Core Curriculum Series
• Recruit, cultivate, and support the Greco-Roman volunteer coaching pool
• Support and assist with domestic grassroots promotional activities
• Work closely with the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) Sports Performance Staff to apply sports science principles to the sport of wrestling
• Assist the National Director, Greco-Roman Programs in the development of a 4-year High-Performance Plan for each Olympic Quadrennium
• Other duties as assigned
Competencies and Skills: USA Wrestling seeks an individual who:
• Has developed elite level athletes
• Is experienced in leading teams
• Motivates and inspires athletes
• Understands long-term athlete development
• Communicates effectively
• Creates a positive and enthusiastic environment
• Works well in a team environment
• Effectively evaluates athlete talent, strengths, and weaknesses
• Follows and respects organizational policies and procedures
Travel: Domestic travel is required
• Must be able to successfully pass a USA Wrestling background screening (prior to hire date).
• Must successfully complete SafeSport Certification within two weeks of hire date and prior to interacting with athletes.
• The USA Wrestling Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO - ability to work from the office is required.
USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Paid vacation, personal and sick time
• Approximately 10 paid holidays per year
• 403 (b) retirement plan
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Employer paid life insurance
Application Process: Applications will be accepted until November 10, 2023.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and/or questions to: