Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s May 24, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, May 24, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the FILA Extraordinary Congress in Moscow, Russia, where Nenad Lalovic was elected President, the rules of wrestling were changed, the FILA Constitution revised, Grappling and Amateur MMA dropped and more. Interviews with FILA President Lalovic and Vice President Stan Dziedzic
• Coverage of the Rumble On The Rails in Grand Central Terminal in New York City, which featured dual meets including the USA, Iran and Russia featuring all three styles. Interviews with Kyle Dake, Billy Baldwin, Coleman Scott, Logan Stieber, Brent Metcalf, David Taylor, Jordan Burroughs, Helen Maroulis and Kendrick Sanders
• Coverage of United 4 Wrestling at the L.A. Sports Coliseum in Los Angeles, which featured athletes from the USA, Russia and Canada in men’s and women’s freestyle. Interviews with Jordan Burroughs, Jordan Oliver, Elena Pirozhkova, Jon Reader, Chris Pendleton and Brittney Roberts.
• Special luncheon held to support Olympic Wrestling at the United Nations, with clips from Billy Baldwin, Bill Scherr and Nenad Lalovic.
• Coverage of German Grand Prix, with Katherine Fulp-Allen winning a bronze medal.
• Lineups set for The Battle At The Falls, a women’s freestyle tri-meet between the USA, Canada and Ukraine in Niagara Falls, Canada. Team USA will bring all seven U.S. Open champions including World medalists Elena Pirozhkova, Helen Maroulis and Alyssa Lampe
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Gail Randall, with a photo depicting eight-year-old Ryan Randall of the Lion’s Den Wrestling Club in Anchorage, Alaska, hitting a headlock on his way to the gold medal at the Nikiski Tournament.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
• Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com