Top News Stories...
Teams from the U.S., Russia and Canada put on a great show before an enthusiastic crowd of 3,500 fans Sunday at the L.A. Sports Arena....
Three U.S. women are ranked No. 2 in the world: Alyssa Lampe (48 kg), Helen Maroulis (55 kg) and Elena Pirozhkova (63 kg)....
Lalovic received 125 of 132 votes cast. The new rules of wrestling approved today will be immediately implemented. The new Constitution expands leadership in FILA for women and athletes....
Massive Support At Event At Bryant Park Grill Following Dual Meets Featuring USA-Iran-Russia At New York's Grand Central Terminal...
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s January 18, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• USA Wrestling staff Bill Zadick and Tony Black provide free clinic for the Newtown Youth Wrestling Association and wrestlers from Newtown, Conn.
• Foreign team rosters announced for Jack Pinto Cup in Colorado Springs, Colo.
• 2013 U.S. World Team Trials to be held at Oklahoma State in Stillwater, Okla.
• Coverage of the Oklahoma State vs. Iowa college dual meet in Stillwater, Okla.
• Coverage of the NWCA Multi-Division National Duals in Springfield, Ill., with interviews with Jim Miller, Nick Mitchell and Mike Jones
• Interview with Oregon State’s heavyweight Chad Hanke, a top freestyle wrestler and NCAA title hopeful
• Coverage of the Salt Lake Slam in Heber City, Utah
• Interviews with Greco-Roman Olympians Dremiel Byers and Spenser Mango and retired Greco-Roman star Faruk Sahin
• And Much More
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media. Com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com