Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s November 23, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, November 23, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Living the Dream Medal Fund awards $550,000 in bonuses to Olympic wrestling medalists, with champions Jordan Burroughs and Jake Varner getting $250,000 each, and bronze medalists Clarissa Chun and Coleman Scott getting $25,000 each.
• Olympic Wrestling Team Thank You America celebration tour comes to New York City at the Beat the Streets Manhattan Training Center, with speeches from Jordan Burroughs, Jake Varner and Zeke Jones
• Freestyle National Team Training Camp in Hoboken, N.J., with interviews of Olympians Jordan Burroughs, Sam Hazewinkel, Coleman Scott and Tervel Dlagnev
• Freestyle Leadership Summit held in New Jersey, planning the next four years for Freestyle Team USA
• U.S. wins seven Greco-Roman medals at Haparanda Cup in Sweden, with golds from Nate Engel, Joe Betterman and Andy Bisek
• College updates from Penn State win over Lehigh and Minnesota win over Nebraska
• National Wrestling Hall of Fame Maryland Chapter hosts induction ceremony, with moving speech from Medal of Courage winner Travis Manning
• Dan Chandler talks about his upcoming induction into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame
• Olympic Trials leaders Matt Getz and Les Steenlage honored by local community in Iowa City
• Hall of Fame’s Lee Roy Smith talks about the upcoming Grapple in the Garden in New York City
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Emily Doyle, with a photo depicting seven-year-old Gavin Doyle of the Garden Spot Mat Club in Pennsylvania controlling his opponent.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Cox Cable Cleveland, which reaches 70,000 viewers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and beyond
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com