Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s July 13, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, July 13, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Complete preview of the 2012 ASICS/Vaughan Junior and Cadet Nationals in Fargo, N.D., with a look at all seven tournaments set for the FargoDome
• TheMat.TV to provide extensive record-setting coverage of the action from Fargo
• Dan Gable, Terry Brands, Kevin Jackson and Bruce Baumgartner to sign autographs for ASICS at Junior and Cadet Nationals
• ASICS Girls High School All-American Team announced
• Interviews with all seven U.S. freestyle Olympians during training camp: Sam Hazewinkel, Coleman Scott, Jared Frayer, Jordan Burroughs, Jake Herbert, Jake Varner and Tervel Dlagnev, plus Olympic coach John Smith
• Joe Warren to serve as training partner at Olympics for Ellis Coleman
• Greco-Roman Olympian interviews with Spenser Mango, Ellis Coleman and Chas Betts
• Olympic Team Leaders Mike Novogratz, Dave Barry and Kim Martori-Wickey announced.
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Sherri Baker, with a photo of Nolan Baker, 14, of the Alpha Wrestling Academy of Rockford, Ill. hitting his first five-point throw.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at email@example.com