Top News Stories...
World Champion Jessica MacDonald, World medallist Justine Bouchard and up-and-coming superstar Braxton Papadopoulos to wrestle at tri-country meet in Niagara Falls....
Online registration for the ASICS University & FILA Cadet Nationals ends tonight at 8 p.m. CST....
Teams from the U.S., Russia and Canada put on a great show before an enthusiastic crowd of 3,500 fans Sunday at the L.A. Sports Arena....
Three U.S. women are ranked No. 2 in the world: Alyssa Lampe (48 kg), Helen Maroulis (55 kg) and Elena Pirozhkova (63 kg)....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s November 11 broadcast posted for viewing|
By USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, November 11 has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage from the Armed Forces Wrestling Championships in Colorado Springs, Colo., with special focus on the Greco-Roman division which was an Olympic Trials qualifier.
• Coverage from the Hargobind International in Surrey, B.C., Canada
• U.S. lineups for November tours to Europe announced.
• Rulon Gardner officially announces comeback to wrestling during interview with KOAA-TV in Colorado Springs
• Interviews about the Olympic Trials and the quest to make the Olympics with 2008 Olympians Doug Schwab and Andy Hrovat
• New England’s Historical Wrestling Celebration held in Boston, with impressive clinic and college duals between Army, Boston U and Iowa State
• And More
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at email@example.com