Top News Stories...
The remaining national tournaments on the USA Wrestling schedule will use the new FILA rules. Regionals will be able to decide which rules to use in their region....
Watch University Nationals and FILA Cadet Nationals live on Flowrestling's Flo Pro premium service May 24-26...
Winner of four NCAA titles in four weights, Cornell's Kyle Dake becomes SI's inaugural Male College Athlete of the Year, a huge honor!!!...
Coach Tyrone Lewis will host a clinic featuring Coleman Scott and collect donations to go to victims of Monday's tornado in Moore, Okla....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s October 28 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, October 28 has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Full coverage of Team USA at the Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
• Freestyle Team USA wins medal count and team title at Pan Am Games.
• Coverage of all 12 U.S. medalists at the Pan American Games including:
- Champions Jordan Burroughs, Jake Herbert, Jake Varner, Tervel Dlagnev and Helen Maroulis
- Silver medalists Obe Blanc, Clarissa Chun, Elena Pirozhkova, Joe Betterman and Ben Provisor
- Bronze medalists Teyon Ware and Glenn Garrison
• Update on NCAA champions competing for other nations at Pan Am Games with gold for Franklin Gomez (PUR) and bronze for Matt Gentry (CAN).
• Preview of Sunkist Kids International this weekend in Mesa, Ariz.
• USA to battle Russia in dual meet in New York City on 11-11-11
• And More
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at email@example.com