USA WRESTLING JOB OPPORTUNITY
Position Title: Manager of Merchandising
Total # Supervised: 3
Summary: Manage all aspects of USA Wrestling product sales. Responsible for product sales, advertising, purchasing, inventory control, customer order fulfillment, National Teams Equipment acquisition, and inventory control. Also assists in inter-departmental purchasing of goods and services, and in other projects which may be determined from time to time by the Executive Director and/or the Director of Merchandising.
1) Management of Merchandising Department personnel.
2) Management of sales activities of the department including but not limited to Catalog Sales, Event Sales, Consignment Sales, and Team Sales.
3) Management of product advertising. Purchasing of products and services. Negotiate pricing with vendors, and secure on time delivery. Source new and innovative products for sales.
4) Management of customer service, inventory control, and product order fulfillment. Maintain adequate inventory levels for sales, while minimizing cost of goods sold.
5) Coordinate purchasing, inventory control, and distribution of equipment for National Teams.
6) Assist where needed in securing goods and services for other departments within USA Wrestling.
Standard Office Equipment.
Office environment in multi-story building.
Some national travel.
Five years related business management experience including P&L responsibility.
Bachelor's Degree in a business related area emphasis preferred.
Background in sporting goods, apparel, mail order, or related retail oriented field preferred.
Must have a basic understanding of graphic design and the creative process. Can-do attitude, detail and deadline oriented.
Position reports to the Director of Merchandising
Send cover letter, resume and references immediately to: Dwaine Cooper, Associate Executive Director, USA Wrestling, 6155 Lehman Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80918, Fax- 719-598-5845