By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, May 13 has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the Beat the Streets freestyle dual meet in Times Square, as the USA defeated Russia, 5-2
• Interviews with Olympic champions and celebrities at the Beat the Streets dual meet and Gala
• Coverage from the Pan American Championships in Rionegro, Colombia
• Matchups for the Curby Cup, a USA vs. International All-Star dual in Illinois on May 21
• Tommy Rowlands talks about his new apparel business venture
• Veterans Nationals double champions
• And much more
The Wrestling Greats segment features 2000 Olympic champion Brandon Slay, who currently works as USA Wrestling’s National Freestyle Resident Coach. A prep star from Texas, Slay was a two-time NCAA runner-up for Penn. After two years training at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, Slay broke through in 2000, winning the U.S. Open, the U.S. Olympic Team Trials and the Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org