Top News Stories...
All of the 2013 U.S. Open champions, including World medalist Helen Maroulis (pictured) will compete for the USA against Canada and Ukraine at Niagara Falls....
Watch University Nationals and FILA Cadets LIVE on Flowrestling's FLO PRO premium service...
Jim Scherr of the USA (pictured) is joined by FILA President Nenad Lalovic, Carol Huynh, Daniel Igali and Lise LeGrand as presenters at key May 29 meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia....
The remaining national tournaments on the USA Wrestling schedule will use the new FILA rules. Regionals will be able to decide which rules to use in their region....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s May 5 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Thursday, May 5 has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of Women’s Team USA’s performance at Mongolian National Championships
• Freestyle Training prior to Beat the Streets dual against Russia
• Hall of Fame Honors Weekend and U.S. World Team Trials are back-to-back in Oklahoma in June
• Previews of Northern Plains Senior Regional, Body Bar Women’s Nationals and Pan American Championships
• New Jersey Night of Champions featuring three-time World Champion Lee Kemp
• Making A Difference Tournament in Tennessee is a success
• Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of Iowa induction ceremonies
• And much more
The Wrestling Greats segment features four-time World silver medalist Shannon Williams, one of the true pioneers for women’s wrestling. A top star in the 1990’s, Shannon won numerous national titles and represented the USA internationally for many years. She also helped coach the 1999 U.S. Women’s World Championship team.
The Technique segment features the ankle lace, and is taught by USA Wrestling National Freestyle Developmental Coach Bill Zadick. Demonstrating the move are USOTC resident athletes Angel Escobedo and Jimmy Chase.
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Pat McHugh, with a picture of Alabama youth wrestler Chandler Akins in action.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at email@example.com