Top News Stories...
Coach Tyrone Lewis will host a clinic featuring Coleman Scott and collect donations to go to victims of Monday's tornado in Moore, Okla....
The rule change proposals as presented and approved at the FILA Congress in Moscow are available for review....
Professional boxing legends Armando Muniz and Carlos Palomino PSA to support Olympic wrestling...
Content includes Lalovic new FILA President, many changes at FILA Congress, Rumble On The Rails, United 4 Wrestling, events at UN and Beverly Hills Hotel, Niagara Falls event and more....
|Wrestling among new sports in the Arnold Fitness Weekend in Columbus, Ohio, March 3-5|
By Matt Lorz Lorz Communications
Wrestling is among the new activities featured at the 2006 Arnold Fitness Weekend, the world's greatest celebration of sports and fitness, scheduled for Columbus, Ohio, March 3-5, 2006.
This is the largest sports festival in the United States, as a total of 15,000 athletes will compete in 30 different events before 120,000 fans. The centerpiece of it all is the Arnold Fitness EXPO with 650 exhibit booths.
Top athletes will compete in 15 sports: archery, boxing, fencing, figure and speed skating, gymnastics, hockey, judo, table tennis, taekwondo, running, volleyball, weightlifting, wrestling and wu shu. In some of these sports, the participants are Olympic hopefuls.
New events added this year are figure and speed skating, hockey skills, volleyball and wrestling.
The Arnold Wrestling Challenge is included in USA Wrestling's Ultimate Challenge Series of youth folkstyle wrestling. Wrestlers who place in this competition score points, in the quest for the USA Wrestling Ultimate Dominator awards.
The Arnold Championship Friday Night Fights, new this year, is a unique double feature fight card to be presented with both elite contenders in USA Boxing and Gracie mixed martial arts fighting.
Also included in the three day weekend are:
* 18th annual Arnold Classic professional men's bodybuilding competition
* Ms International professional female bodybuilding competition
* Fitness International professional female fitness competition
* Figure International the world's fittest female physiques
* Arnold Fitness EXPO includes expanded exhibit space, competitions, demonstrations, and ongoing stage entertainment'
* Arnold Martial Arts Festival competitions in a dozen different martial arts styles, including Arnold Gracie World Submission Championships and the Arnold Boxing Invitational Championships
* Arnold Championship Friday Night Fights contenders in USA Amateur Boxing and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Fighting
* Arnold Gymnastics Challenge regional and national level boys and girls gymnasts
* Arnold Fitness Fashion Show models show off the latest fitness fashions on the runway
* Arnold Cheerleading Classic and Dance Team Championships school and competition squads
* Arnold Strongman Contest competition of incredible feats of strength
* Arnold 5K Pump and Run athletes combine their ability to bench press and run in a unique competition of strength and speed
* Arnold Classic Armwrestling Championships an EXPO crowd pleaser that showcases arm strength and skill'
* World Record Bench Press Challenge where world records are routinely set
* World Powerlifting Organization Finals a gathering of titans in the squat, deadlift and bench press
* Arnold Weightlifing Championships national caliber athletes compete in the classic Olympic lifts - the snatch and the clean and jerk
* Arnold Fencing Classis competitions for boys and girls, men and women ages 5 to 65 in the saber, foil and epee
* Arnold Fitness Training Seminar with Arnold and other leading athletes
* Arnold Strength Training Summit lectures by renowned strength coaches and athletes
* Arnold Table Tennis Challenge singles and doubles competitions
* Arnold Archer Challenge men and women compete in compound and recurve
* Arnold Youth DanceSport Classic dancers show their sport takes power and grace.
For information, visit these websites:
Ticket information is available at (614)431-3600 or at