Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
USA Wrestling Weekly’s January 4, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, January 4, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the 50th Ken Kraft Midlands Championships in Evanston, Ill., including interviews from champions Jarrod Garnett, Nick Brascetta, Kelvin Maple, Chad Hanke, Ben Bennett, Dustin Kilgore, Jason Welch and Robert Kokesh
• Television schedule on FOX College Sports for two different Grapple at the Garden broadcasts
• USA Wrestling renames a Greco-Roman event the Jack Pinto Cup, in honor of six-year-old wrestler who lost his life at the school shooting in Connecticut
• High school wrestling action from the Rahway Tournament in New Jersey
• U.S. Olympic Trials named No. 1 wrestling story by the Gazette in Iowa
• Remembering the wrestling leaders who passed away in 2012, including Bill Farrell, Jeff Blatnick, Josiah Henson, Lee Allen and others
• Interview with Greco-Roman star R.C. Johnson
• And Much More
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Cox Cable Cleveland, which reaches 70,000 viewers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and beyond
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com