Athletes must be present in a COMPETITION SINGLET and must submit to a skin disease screening prior to weigh-in. The chief medical officer has full authority without appeal in determining the eligibility of an athlete to compete.
Click here for USA Wrestling Skin Disease Manual.
An athlete competing in three styles may weigh in once for all styles. This is contingent on the athlete actively competing in the first two of three wrestling styles scheduled. An athlete competing in two styles may weigh in once for both styles. This is contingent on the athlete competing in the first style and the styles being on consecutive days. If the two styles are not on consecutive days the athlete must weigh in twice, once for each style. Athletes competing in one style must weigh in at the official weigh in for that style. All athletes must be present at BEGINNING of weigh-ins.
Each athlete will be allowed two (2) consecutive attempts to make weight and may not leave the weigh-in area. All wrestlers must be dressed in a COMPETITION SINGLET for weigh-ins and no weight allowance is given for the singlet.
In the event of injury or illness, NO contestant will be permitted to continue the competition without approval of the Chief Medical Officer, whose decision is final and not subject to appeal.
Registration & Weigh-in Procedures:
1. Wrestlers must pick up their weigh-in card(s) and proceed to the weigh in line. A current USAW card needs to be shown at check-in. *Make sure to pick up all weigh-in cards for each style the athlete is participating in. Kids Division athletes are allowed to weigh-in once provided that they actively compete in each consecutive style. (If an athlete misses weight they can attempt to reclassify for next style during that styles scheduled weigh-in time.)
2. Wrestlers must be in line at the beginning of weigh-ins. Once weigh-ins start, wrestlers will no longer be able to pick up their weigh-in card and will not be able to weigh-in.
3. Wrestlers should only have a competition singlet on when entering the weigh-in area. They must submit to a skin disease screening prior to weigh-in. The chief medical officer has full authority without appeal in determining the eligibility of an athlete to compete. Parents/coaches cannot accompany the wrestlers. They will not be allowed to carry additional clothing or anything other than the weigh-in card with them during weigh-ins.
4. Weigh-in cards must be left in the weigh-in area. Do NOT leave the weigh-in area with your weigh-in card.
5. Wrestlers only need to weigh-in one time for all three styles provided he/she actively competes in the first two styles. Athletes that wrestle in the first and third style must re-weigh-in for the third style.