Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s December 21, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing
Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, December 21, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Memorial for six-year-old Jack Pinto, a USA Wrestling youth wrestler killed in the unspeakable tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Pa.
• Coverage from the Grapple At the Garden in Madison Square Garden in New York City, including interview with Outstanding Wrestler Kyle Dake of Cornell, plus the legendary Dan Gable and NWCA Executive Director Mike Moyer
• Grapple at the Garden college dual meet highlights from:
- No. 7 Missouri 22, No. 8 Cornell 12
- No. 2 Oklahoma State 21, No. 8 Cornell 16
- No. 4 Ohio State 34, No. 18 Maryland 3
- No. 5 Iowa 34, Bucknell 9
- No. 18 Maryland 18, No. 14 Nebraska 17
• Coverage from the Minnesota Storm Holiday Cup in Rochester, Minn., including highlights of all the champions and interviews with Outstanding Wrestlers Kendrick Sanders (Greco-Roman), Kevin LeValley (freestyle) and Haley Augello & Sydney Nelson (women)
• Coverage of the Minnesota Christmas Tournament, a top high school event in Rochester, Minn., including highlights from national stars Tommy Thorn, Mark Hall, Jake Short and Preston Lehmann.
• Greco-Roman wrestling segment with anchors Matt Lauer and Al Roker named funniest feature of the year on the NBC Today Show
• Jordan Burroughs gold medal among 12 top Olympic highlights on USOC website
• And Much More
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Cox Cable Cleveland, which reaches 70,000 viewers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and beyond
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com