Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s 100th episode, for December 7, 2012, now posted for viewing
Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly has reached the century mark, with its 100th weekly episode now completed.
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, December 7, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
We thank all of our viewers for their support and involvement. Thanks also go to our partner television networks, as well as websites, which air the show.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of major college wrestling events including:
- Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational in Las Vegas, Nev.
- Oklahoma State dual meet victory over Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Iowa dual meet victory over Iowa State in Iowa City, Iowa
- Penn dual meet victory over Lehigh in Bethlehem, Pa.
• Coverage of the King of the Mountain, a Folkstyle Tour of America event in Castle Rock, Colo.
• Olympian Ben Provisor talks about being a referee at Kids events
• Rich Bender talks about the Grapple at the Garden college event in New York City
• Freestyle developmental resident athletes Danny Chaid and Willie Miklus talk about being at the Olympic Training Center
• Girls high school wrestling program to begin in Spring 2013 in New York City
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Tom DiBenedetto, with a photo depicting Jonathan LaFountaine, a senior from Somerset Academy High School in Florida, taking down his opponent from Charlotte High School at the Gary Fries Dual Tournament in Fort Meyers.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Cox Cable Cleveland, which reaches 70,000 viewers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and beyond
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com