Top News Stories...
The remaining national tournaments on the USA Wrestling schedule will use the new FILA rules. Regionals will be able to decide which rules to use in their region....
Watch University Nationals and FILA Cadet Nationals live on Flowrestling's Flo Pro premium service May 24-26...
Winner of four NCAA titles in four weights, Cornell's Kyle Dake becomes SI's inaugural Male College Athlete of the Year, a huge honor!!!...
Coach Tyrone Lewis will host a clinic featuring Coleman Scott and collect donations to go to victims of Monday's tornado in Moore, Okla....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s November 16, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing
Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• New York Athletic Club International coverage from New York, N.Y., including champion interviews
- Greco-Roman champions Spenser Mango, Jamel Johnson, Andrew Bisek, Caylor Williams, Ravaughn Perkins and Robbie Smith
- Men’s Freestyle champions Tervel Dlagnev, Austin Trotman, Jimmy Kennedy, Chase Pami and Wynn Michalak, and women’s freestyle champion Alyssa Lampe
- National Coaches Zeke Jones and Steve Fraser and women’s coach Erin Tomeo
• A new national club, the Titan Mercury Wrestling Club, has its Senior debut at the New York AC International with interviews from coaches John Azevedo, Kenny Monday and Marcie Van Dusen
• Champions Jake Herbert and Adeline Gray help coach young children for New York Athletic Club kids program
• Noel Thompson interview about the Grapple At the Garden college event set for Madison Square Garden in New York City, December 16
• The passing of Iowa State wrestling legend Les Anderson in Iowa
• Folkstyle Tour of America events coming in November
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Aaron Ghent, depicting 14-year-old Alister Pollard from Caroline County Middle School in Virginia, enjoying a victory in the last match of his season.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Cox Cable Cleveland, which reaches 70,000 viewers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and beyond
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com