Top News Stories...
Jim Scherr of the USA (pictured) is joined by FILA President Nenad Lalovic, Carol Huynh, Daniel Igali and Lise LeGrand as presenters at key May 29 meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia....
The remaining national tournaments on the USA Wrestling schedule will use the new FILA rules. Regionals will be able to decide which rules to use in their region....
Watch University Nationals and FILA Cadet Nationals live on Flowrestling's Flo Pro premium service May 24-26...
Winner of four NCAA titles in four weights, Cornell's Kyle Dake becomes SI's inaugural Male College Athlete of the Year, a huge honor!!!...
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s August 3, 2012 broadcast posted with extensive Olympic coverage
Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, August 3, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
This week’s USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast has extensive coverage of the U.S. Olympic Wrestling Team from London, England, including interviews with each of the 17 U.S. Olympic wrestling athletes.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Opening Ceremonies coverage from Olympic Stadium in London, England
• Wrestling Olympian Elena Pirozhkova lifts First Lady Michelle Obama, and comments from U.S. wrestlers who met her in London
• Complete Olympic wrestling live webcast coverage to be provided by NBCOlympics.com
• Jordan Burroughs and Ellis Coleman on NBC Today Show
• Men’s Freestyle Olympic Team arrives in London City airport on private plane
• Interviews with U.S. Greco-Roman Olympians Spenser Mango, Ellis Coleman, Justin Lester, Ben Provisor, Chas Betts and Dremiel Byers
• Interviews with U.S. Women’s freestyle Olympians Clarissa Chun, Kelsey Campbell, Elena Pirozhkova and Ali Bernard
• Interviews with U.S. Men’s freestyle Olympians Sam Hazewinkel, Coleman Scott, Jared Frayer, Jordan Burroughs, Jake Herbert, Jake Varner and Tervel Dlagnev
• Women’s Olympic Team training from Marquise, France, with Terry Steiner interview plus all four U.S. women’s Olympic wrestlers interviews
• Interviews with U.S. delegation members Aaron Sieracki, Helen Maroulis, Jennifer Page, Rod Rodriguez, Dr. Robert Hines and Joe Warren
• And Much More
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at email@example.com